Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Idol Tuesday

So, technically, it's Wednesday, and I feel like I'm on a mad dash to get my Idol recap in before the results how is done...but hey, if not, I guess I'll put who's going home. I already know Jasmine is on her way to pack and move out of the phat mansion, but let's see what else happens, even though I am NOT a fan of Kanye West, so hopefully the pain meds will kick in before I have to listen to him love himself.

Okay, so last night, the final 13 got a chance to work it out to Michael Jackson. Bizarre choice in my opinion, considering that most of the finalists only remember MJ as a skeevy guy who bleaches his skin and lacks the common sense to not give underaged boys wine while wearing underwear.

First up -- Lil Rounds, mother of three. She sings The Way You Make Me Feel. What the hell is up with those pants? Women blessed with a booty like that should NOT wear pleats. That's all I have to say about that. Anyhoo, Lil gives a fairly credible performance. Randaulara loved it; Simon didn't and knows the outfit is a mess, offering 5 minutes with Lil to fix it. Translation: you are my crush this year and will have to royally eff up to incur my wrath.

Scott McIntire - Keep the Faith -- WTF? This sucked all the way around, and the piano could not help him. Kara thinks it's great to see him behind the piano. Paula comments that Siedah Garrett, the composer and lyricist is there. Siedah claims to love it, but what else is she going to say put on the spot like that? Simon correctly calls it a stupid choice and hates it. He further doesn't recommend artistic talent on Idol. I'm glad he admitted it, but now I wonder what the point of it all is...oh yes! Popularity.

Danny Gokey -- who for now is vying with Matt Giraud for the title of my AI boyfriend this season -- rocks the HELL out of Pretty Young Thing. Paula, who obviously started drinking in the limo tonight, pronounces him a finalist in the first week! Simon tells him the vocals are brilliant but the dancing his hideous. Randy and Kara said something I don't remember because I find Danny to be rather hot now that he's stopped crying every time he's on camera.

Michael Sarver sings You Are Not Alone. Nice job -- I forgot how well he can sing. Simon plays up his likeability factor. Paula uses her term color, once again. Randara is forgettable (but to be fair, I was heavily medicated at this point). I liked it a lot more than I thought I would when it started.

Jasmine Murray - I'll be There -- a completely predictable choice that she must slay to not be labeled the teenager. I now know that she's gone, but here's what I wrote anyway: I'm decidedly eh on this -- Randy name drops Mariah Carey, but likes what she did with it. Kara is surprised because she secretly thinks that she's (Kara) the best singer there. Paula remarks on her composure, so we know she wasn't otherworldly impressed. Simon calls it a nice attempt and robotic, proving that Simon and I are just alike, except he's a co-gillionaire.

Kris Allen - Remember the Time -- This seriously got away from him in the end. At first, I thought it wasn't bad, but overall, a little scary. Maybe it was better in the theatre though because the judges love it.

Alison Iraheta - Give Into Me - Ehhh...but she's very confident for sixteen. I think that the thickness of her bangs throws me off. I think there's something about her look that will benefit when the stylists step in.

Anoop Desai - Beat It - Paula gives probably her harshest critique ever, making me wonder if someone tried to make her drink some coffee during the commercial break. Simon hated it, as did Randy. Kara hates everyone, so it's no surprise she felt disconnected. Funny, this was about as good as the performance that got him to the top 13.

Jorge Nunez - Never Can Say Goodbye. I really think he could have done well with the Isaac Hayes version, though this is pretty good. Actually, I really like this, but I hate hate hate the 5th grade concert way they end songs on this damned show, so now I'm back to thinking it's just okay. Apparently I'm the only one though. Randy doesn't love it and wishes for a different song. Kara longs for a connection, because she's decided 8 weeks in that she doesn't want to be known as "the new judge sucks". Simon couldn't wait for it to end, noting, when Jorge said he couldn't sing "Bad", "well, you kind of did". How I love Simon.

Megan Corkrey - Rockin' Robin. This is a mess and I hate it. It conjures up that one from last season who sang 8 Days A Week in Hillbilly Yodel Style. Kara has adopted "looking for a connection" as has signature phrase joining "Dawg, that was hot", "You found your magic", and "I could find that in any karaoke bar". Simon says it's stupid. Again, the similarities between Simon and I are mind boggling.

Adam Lambert - Black or White - Apparently, I'm the only one who doesn't get this guy's appeal. He's such a poser, and what up with the screech. He strikes me as SUCH a David Cook wannabe. But Randaulara + Simon loved it. Paula has predicted this entire season will come down to Adam and Danny. I think she's hypnotized by that sparkly dog tag on her wrist.

Matt Giraud - Human Nature - I loved this. Randy compares him to Justin Timberlake, and I think at this point I was on the phone because I didn't write anything else. By next week I should be able to decide if he or Matt will have my affection this season. BTW Paula has chosen Jorge.

Alexis Grace - sings Dirty Diana. I love her voice. At this point, being the last one and all, I drifted off, but I will say, provided she gets to stick around, she's going to have a break out performance that people will compare to Kelly Clarkson the week she sang "Feel Like A Natural Woman" during Season 1.

As I finish typing this, Anoop and Jorge are in the bottom two -- so the bottom four vote getters this week were Anoop, Jasmine, Jorge, and Megan. I think that's about right, except I would have sent Megan home too. Okay -- it's over, and Jorge is gone, and could Simon have been any colder?

So, here it is, my first blog. My seester-in-law Lauren claims that bloggers are happier people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always want to know what you think! Thanks for stopping by!